Friday, February 23, 2024

Friday Fun - February 23, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I am reading Fake Engagment at the Rusted K by Cali Black as a member of the launch team. The book released today!


I am also reading Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower for one of my reading challenges.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Fake Engagment at the Rusted K by Cali Black:

"Thirty minutes from Jackson Hole on the straightest, most deserted and beautiful road in the country, Ren Connor pushed the pedal to the floorboard and watched the speedometer needle circle right."

Why in the world is Ren going so fast? Is she in a rush because she's late? Just being reckless? Out for a joyride? Is there going to be a cop around?

Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower:

"'I still can't believe you left!' Cassandra Calbera shouted into my ear."

Okay, why is Cassandra shouting? What's the big deal?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Fake Engagement at the Rusted K by Cali Black:
 
"She slid under the covers, the feathered trim tickling her ankles. She hugged the shirt to her chest and breathed out a prayer. A somewhat desperate prayer that Cash wouldn't hurt her. A pleading prayer for Ellie's safety. And a doubtful prayer that she would one day find the love she longed for."

Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower:

"She stepped back and her eyes narrowed. In an instant, all the goodwill I had won by complimenting her pretzels was lost. 'Pardon me?'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. If you would like to read my reviews, I invite you to click on the links below.


Also, I never shared the link to my review of  Reverence in the Wilderness by Andrea Byrd. Here is my review.

5 comments:

  1. The opening of Assaulted Caramel (a great title btw) really does drop you right into the action, doesn't it? While I don't read a whole lot of potentially cozy mysteries, this one does sound interesting! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shouting and driving fast. There must be some adrenalin involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound like good books. I especially liked the sound of Assaulted Caramel.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/23/first-line-friday-the-colossus/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet I would love Assaulted Caramel. I have a couple of Amanda Flower's other books on my TBR. Love the excerpts for Assaulted Caramel you shared! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assaulted Caramel is such a clever title for a cozy. Both of these books look like they have a lot of potential. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!