Friday, February 9, 2024

Friday Fun - February 9, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have three books to share with you.

I zinged through my eARC of 8 Down by Kimberley Woodhouse, the second book in her Alaskan Cyber Hunters series that releases on February 20th.


I am currently reading an ARC of The Irish Matchmaker by Jennifer Deibel. I'm also on the launch team for this book which releases on February 13th. 


I also just started Reverence in the Wilderness by Andrea Byrd. This is another book for a launch team. It is the third book in her Frontier Hearts series. The book will release on March 5th.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  8 Down by Kimberley Woodhouse:

"Nothing could have prepared her for the dead body at the crime scene."

Well, I feel the same way for me. But I had to wonder who this lady was at the crime scene, and why she wasn't prepared, and who the dead person was. I had to find out what was going on.

The Irish Matchmaker by Jennifer Deibel:

"The warning came far too late, and before Donal Bunratty could register what his daughter was saying, he was slammed into with the force of a locomotive."

That doesn't sound good. I hoped he was okay.

Reverence in the Wilderness by Andrea Byrd:

"Keturah Elliot's heart seized as the vicious waters swallowed her mother whole."

Oh no! Would her mother make it? If not, that's quite the tragic way for the story to begin. Sure did grab my attention though.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

8 Down by Kimberley Woodhouse:
 
"'Hey, I threw in the word brilliant before I called him a psychopath. That was the only thing I could do without lying. Which I refuse to do.'
The phone rang and the air in the room practically sizzled as they stared at it. Scott hated to think it was their killer, but everything inside him said it was."

The Irish Matchmaker by Jennifer Deibel:

"Donal hurried back out into the fresh night air. This was never going to work. Poor Sara would be so disappointed. But she had no way of knowing what the festival would be like-how many people would be crammed into pub after pub with music so loud you couldn't hold a decent conversation with anyone. He'd just have to find another way to keep his promise that he'd find a companion."

Reverence in the Wilderness by Andrea Byrd:

"How could Daniel have been so careless? Keturah's blood boiled as she stared at the open stall door, her hands on her hips. Her foot tapped as she surveyed the ground in search of clues as to where the pig had gone."

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. If you would like to read my reviews, I invite you to click on the links below. I didn't finish The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson yet, so I will have to share that review next week.


I also had never shared the link to my review of the following book:

8 comments:

  1. All three books look interesting, and I like the quotes too. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the number of mysteries I read, I feel like I wouldn't be prepared for a dead body at a crime scene (or anywhere else).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpts! Have a wonderful weekend ☕📚🐉🌞

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all sound good. I hope you enjoy them.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/09/first-line-friday-hex-and-the-city-by-kate-johnson/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weird, two of you have highlighted Eight Down this week. It must be a sign I should pay attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all sound good! I love the cover of The Irish Matchmaker, although I think 8 Down intrigues me the most. I hope you have a great weekend! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three sound very good! I'm especially interested in The Irish Matchmaker, I think. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!