Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Fun - February 2, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have three books to share with you.

I just finished 26 Below by Kimberley Woodhouse. I've been meaning to read it for a while and realized it would work for one of my reading challenges last month. I needed a book with a number in the title. Plus, I am on the Influencer Team for book two, 8 Down, and had to get book one read first.


I just started reading Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley. I was approved through NetGalley to read an ARC. The book releases on February 6th. I'm about a third of the way through it and loving it so far. 


I also just started The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson. This book is for another of my reading challenges, though it was for January, so I need to get it read quickly. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  26 Below by Kimberley Woodhouse:

"The warmth of the summer wouldn't last."

True statement.

Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley:

"The back door slammed, and nine-year-old Danielle Bennett jumped."

Was she on edge for some reason? Why did she jump?

The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson:

"As Betty Kowalski drove home from church on Sunday, she realized she was guilty of two sins."

Okay, well, we all are because no one is perfect. But what is it she is guilty of?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

26 Below by Kimberley Woodhouse:
 
"'Huh.' But on the outside the label read Urgent. Unzipping the envelope, the smell hit her in the face.
'Ew. That's awful.' Misty covered her nose.
Darcie hated that rotten-egg smell. But she peered in anyway and spied the single sheet of paper."

Fatal Witness by Patricia Bradley:

"'Now just wait a minute.' Mae said before Alex could answer. 'I want to hear what you have to say. After all, I tracked Danielle down, and it's my crime board you're using down at your office.'"

The Christmas Dog by Melody Carlson:

"It was almost one by the time Avery made an appearance. By then Betty had enjoyed a short nap and come up with a plan for their day. She explained her idea to Avery as she set a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and glass of milk in front of her. That used to be Avery's favorite lunch, but that had been quite some time ago. She hoped it didn't look too childish now."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. If you would like to read my reviews, I invite you to click on the links below.

Fake Relationship at the Triple Z by Cali Black

6 comments:

  1. Glad to know I am not the only one who didn't finish my holiday books before the holidays ended. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 Below - I'll have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these look good. I will be reading Patricia Bradley's this month as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 26 Below sounds really good and I like that cover! I love the teasers for The Christmas Dog. That sounds like a fun one. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Saturday! 😀
    I’m just beginning While the City Sleeps by Elizabeth Camden. I’ve only read chapters 1 & 2 so far, but they’re very pull-the-reader-in kind of chapters.
    “Keeping the forces of darkness and corruption at bay was a never-ending battle, but Jonathan would pay any price to keep his city safe.”
    I hope you have an excellent weekend! 😀📚

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!