Monday, May 6, 2024

For a Lifetime by Gabrielle Meyer Review

 


My preordered copy of Gabrielle Meyer's newest book, For a Lifetime showed up a few days early, so I gave into temptation and read it over the weekend. Probably would have had it finished even faster if I hadn't had to do the taking care of the family thing, which included a birthday party for two of my grandchildren. Anyway, it was awesome, as I knew it would be. Here's my review:

Oh my gosh, this book was awesome. I think it may be my favorite in the series. If you haven't read any the books, you will want to start with book one. The first book, When the Day Comes, had one young lady, Libby who time crossed between two lives, living in both but having to choose which one to live in. The second, In This Moment, had one young lady, Maggie the daughter of the first time crosser, living between three lives. And now in this book the author chose to have a set of twins, Grace and Hope, time crossing together between two different times. Each book in this series has been unique with so many twists that I did not see coming.

I knew I was going to love this book when I learned what time periods the main characters were living in. 1692 Salem and 1912. I mean, knowing how suspicious the Puritans in Salem were at that time, I figured Grace and Hope would definitely be in quite a bit of trouble. And in 1912, Hope dreams of becoming one of the first female pilots, while Grace is an investigative jounalist. It was clear from the start which path each of the young ladies would prefer to live in, but I knew Gabrielle Meyer was going to have tons of twists throughout the book that would somehow put up obstacles or have one or both of them changing their minds for some reason or another. And she didn't disappoint.

And I loved the historical detail she included in the books. She really does bring the time periods, settings, and characters to life.

I definitely recommend this book, but yeah, you will want to read the first two books first. And now I can't wait until November as that is when book four releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!