Friday, March 22, 2024

Friday Fun - March 22, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I'm reading Love's Promise by Penny Zeller. This is the final book in her Wyoming Sunrise series and it released this past Tuesday. 


I am also reading Single Dad Center by Latisha Sexton as a part of the launch team. This book released today.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Love's Promise by Penny Zeller:

"Silas set a veriety of items on the counter at the mercantile."

Well, that's a very normal, everyday sort of beginning. 

Single Dad Center by Latisha Sexton:

"'How do I get my anger out?'"

Good question. I assumed I'd learn quickly how she got her anger out and hopefully find out why she was angry.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Love's Promise by Penny Zeller:
 
"The tears formed in Silas's eyes, tears he'd not allow anyone-not even the reverend-to see. He swallowed hard and took a deep breath as the emotion washed over him. 'Thank you, sir. For everything.'"

Single Dad Center by Latisha Sexton:

"He doesn't respond, just keeps staring at me as if he's never seen me until this moment, his eyes trailing across every inch of my face. I can't help but notice that he still has one arm wrapped firmly around me. A weird tension flows between us and the longer I sit here, pressed against him with a wiggly pup between us, the more I want to erase the remaining distance until our lips meet."

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. Here are the links to two of them. Plus the link to Set in Stone by Kimberley Woodhouse. I still need to finish Love, Unscripted by Denise Hunter.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday!
    I'm currently reading One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey. I'm almost done!
    "Harper and Deckard stood outside Randy Fox's door."
    I hope you have a great weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither of the opening lines is super memorable, but Love's Promise looks like a good one. The cover of Single Dad Center appeals to me, but I'm not sure the story is for me. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beginning doesn't exactly inspire me but books have to start somewhere, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are enjoying both of these! I like the second excerpt from Love's Promise. Such a poignant moment. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!