Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday Fun - March 8, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have three books to share with you.

I read Heart of a Royal by Hannah Currie as a part of the review team. This is the first of the three book Daughters of Peverell series. 


I am currently reading an ARC of Set in Stone by Kimberley Woodhouse, the second n her Treasures of the Earth series. This book releases next week!


I am also reading The Ark and the Dove, the newest release by Jill Eileen Smith. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Heart of a Royal by Hannah Currie:

"If mortification could kill, I'd be six feet under."

Oh oh, who's embarrassed and why? 

Set in Stone by Kimberley Woodhouse:

"Martha! Step away from the ridge."

I wondered whether Martha was in danger. And then I wondered, knowing this was the main character, whether perhaps this was from her childhood.

The Ark and the Dove by Jill Eileen Smith:

"I never thought my life would turn out this way, and to be honest, I would never have chosen this path, given the choice."

So, is that a good thing, or a bad thing? Is she happy with the way her life turned out, or does she have regrets?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Heart of a Royal by Hannah Currie:
 
"'Here, let me help,' I said instead to the mother in front of me, trying one-handedly to put a coat on her toddler while holding a bandage against a gash on her other child's arm. Not that I was much help, the tips of my fingers the only parts of my hands now not covered in blood."

Set in Stone by Kimberley Woodhouse:

"She wanted to be different. Wouldn't it be wonderful if she could find bones, display them, give lectures around the country, and get people excited about paleontology and geology? Instead of double-crossing other digs through bribery, spying, thievery, dishonesty, and rushing to publish in journals to oudo the competition-she would do things well. Respectfully. And demand such integrity from all of her teams."

The Ark and the Dove by Jill Eileen Smith:

"Forty days had now passed, and as dawn approached on the forty-first day, Zara awoke to silence. She blinked against the strange lack of sound and sat up, shaking herself. What had happened? And then she knew."

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post, plus I  hadn't quite finished reading Fake Engagement at the Rusted K by Cali Black. Here are the links to my reviews:

3 comments:


  1. "If mortification could kill, I'd be 6 feet under." Ha! I've been there. Good line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that opening of Of Heart of a Royal. It made me chuckle. These all sound good and I hope you are enjoying them! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second two books are on my "want to read" list already and the page 56 teasers really sealed the deal for me! The first one has a gorgeous cover and a great first line too! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!