Friday, March 8, 2024

The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond by Jaime Jo Wright Review

 


I wish I hadn't taken so long to read this book. I had taken it out from the library several years ago, after reading Jaime Jo Wright's first book, The House on Foster Hill. However, I had to return it to the library, and just hadn't had a chance to get back to it. Then I realized it was the only one of her published books that I hadn't read yet. Because I have been participating in so many reading challenges and launch teams, I've found it hard to get to books on my TBR pile. So, when I realized The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond would fit one of my challenges for February, I jumped at the chance to finally read it. And I'm so glad I did. It's another awesome, creepy, dual-timeline story by Jaime Jo Wright. Though, not as creepy as some of the books she has written since. 

As with her other books we follow the story from the viewpoints of two ladies, one from the past and the other from current day. The book starts out from the viewpoint of Libby Sheffield finding a dead body in Gossamer Grove, Wisconsin in the early 1900's. Libby is the daughter of a local newspaper man, and she had found an obituary for this deceased man, before he had been found dead. So, something suspicious is definitely going on. 

In the current day storyline, Annalise, who owns a coffee shop, and is trying to get property to help the poor of their town, discovers she has inherited a run-down trailer where an old man has died, holding a picture of her along with a newspaper article, and tons of other pictures inside the trailer.

Very stalkerish, and she needs to find out why he was so interested in her. 

There is quite a lot of mystery in this story, in both timelines, and I love the way the author brings the stories together, and we find out slowly how they relate to each other. She has such the talent of doing this in all her stories, and this one was no different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!