Friday, March 1, 2024

Friday Fun - March 1, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have three books to share with you.

I zinged through Dani Pettrey's newest book, One Wrong Move. I wasn't even going to read it right away, as I had other books I needed to read. But once I picked it up, I could not put it down. Plus it worked for one of my reading challenges


I just finished The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond by Jaime Jo Wright. Yes, I was reading this for one of my reading challenges. I've now read all of Jaime Jo Wright's books. Well, until the newest one is released in April.


I am currently in the middle of reading Levi's Vow by Penny Zeller as a member of her launch team. This book released today. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey:

"He inhaled the stiff resolution of her death."

Well, someone is dead or is going to die. 

The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond by Jaime Jo Wright:

"Libby Sheffield had never stopped to wonder what she would take specific note of if she ever stumbled upon a dead body."

Can't say I've ever wondered that myself. But looked like I was starting another book that began with a death.

Levi's Vow by Penny Zeller:

"Norah wrote the details on the blackboard just inside the door at Winrow's Mercantile, placed the chalk on the ledge, then stood back to peruse her slanted handwriting."

My first thought was that Norah worked at the merchantile and was just doing her job. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey:
 
"Christian studied their body language, expressions, and tight gazes on one another. What was up between them, and how did they know each other? From a past heist investigation? No. That didn’t make sense. He worked the heist cases. Deckard handled the cons and scams."

The Reckoning at Gossamer Pond by Jaime Jo Wright:

"Mitch had told her one paper he'd read said Sunday was so 'raw' that they refused to print his words. He used language unfit for feminine dispositions, and even some men were so stricken by his preaching, they were taken from the tent on stretchers, having swooned like a femaile whose corset was tied too tight."

Levi's Vow by Penny Zeller:

"Never once in all of her twenty-six years had she ever lied to Mama. Not once in her twenty-six years had she been less than forthright. But Mama and the children's lives depended on her obeying the man's orders."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. I haven't quite finished reading Fake Engagement at the Rusted K by Cali Black, so I'll share the link to that review next week. However, if you would like to read my other review, I invite you to click on the link below.

4 comments:

  1. All of these sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani's is on my TBR and love Jaime's gothic stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three great authors!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The page 56 quote for the book One Wrong Move shows that the characters are complex being. Good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!