Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Heart of a Royal by Hannah Currie Review

 

Heart of a Royal by Hannah Currie is not your usual royal romance type story. I’ve seen where the girl finds out she’s a princess. Or the girl isn’t a princess but falls in love with a guy and then finds out he is a prince. In this story the girl, Mackenna Sparrow, knows the guy is the prince. She’s been brought up in the castle with Prince Thoraben and Princess Alina, they are close friends, and Kenna has been treated almost like royalty herself. However, once Princess Alina gets engaged, it’s back to being a commoner for Kenna. What she didn’t anticipate was the way she was going to be treated. She also didn’t realize she was falling in love with the prince, Thoraben, or Ben. Though she keeps trying to deny it. And of course she feels inadequate and believes there is no way the prince could love her. Could he?

One of the things that sort of drove me nuts in this book was the lack of communication between Ben and Kenna, and all the jumping to conclusions. I also didn’t understand why Kenna was hated by a certain character so much.

During this time the kingdom of Peverell is threatened by rebels, and has been for years. At least that is what Kenna believes and worries about, especially after she is no longer protected by the walls of the castle.

Kenna at times seemed to be so prone to crying. Though I guess I may react the same way if my life was upended the way hers was. She supposedly has characteristics that make the people think she will make a great future queen. I just wish we had gotten to see more of that side of her. I guess there are just some things that don’t add up for me.

I also questioned throughout the majority of the book how the book was actually Christian fiction. There wasn’t any mention of God until the very end. Oh, it is a clean book where morals take precedence. But I was confused when it came to the lack of mention of God. However, once you get to the end of the book, all is made clear. So yes, this is Christian fiction. It is meant for young adults, but I really enjoyed it. There are a couple of instances of leering looks, so I may prefer to have my older teens read it as opposed to my younger teen.

I can’t wait to read the remainder of the series. It’s definitely grabbed my attention.

I received a copy of this book as a member of the review team and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!