Friday, March 8, 2024

Levi's Vow by Penny Zeller Review

 


Levi's Vow is another wonderful, faith-filled story by Penny Zeller. 

I loved getting to know Norah and Levi and Norah's family, her children and mother. I only wish this hadn't been a short, stand-alone story, because I would have loved spending more time with them in Idaho territory in the late 1800s. 

Both Norah and Levi have been struggling. Norah because her husband left her and her young children, and she now is trying to raise the children and take care of her farm while not being able to find reliable help, a hired hand who won't steal from her. Not to mention what the townspeople think of her because of her being divorced, though it wasn't even her fault. And then there is Levi, who is on his own, after being disowned by his family after being arrested unfairly. 

Norah hires Levi as her new farm hand, though she isn't sure she is able to trust him. Levi needs to prove to Norah that he is someone she can trust, but he now has time-spent-in-jail in his background. 

I really enjoyed getting to know these characters. The author did a wonderful job making me care for these characters in the short time I spent with them. Not only do we have the relationship between Norah and Levi, but from the very first chapter we see that Norah is dealing with some nefarious characters who are trying to get her farm from her, though she doesn't understand why.  The author has included a couple of tense situations to add to the suspense.

I really enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. 

I received an ARC of this book as a member of the launch team and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!