Friday, August 16, 2024

Friday Fun - August 16, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I am currently reading an ARC of Under the Stars by Cali Black as a member of the launch team. 


I'm also reading an ARC of Murder Goes Caroling by Malissa Chapin as a member of the launch team.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Under the Stars by Cali Black:

"Grady Wilder stared at the teenager in the cinnamon roll-shaped hat."

What's up the hat? And why is Grady staring at the teenager wearing the hat?

Murder Goes Caroling by Malissa Chapin:

"A swirl of stinging snowflakes whipped around Piper Haydn as she battled Wisconsin's winter."

I liked the author's use of the words "stinging" and "battled" to show Piper seemed to be up for another difficult adventure. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Under the Stars by Cali Black:
 
"'Do I detect doubt? Are you doubting my skills?' She feigned offense. 'Eliana might be the woman you've beeen waiting for. This might be your last first date, Grady. Get excited. Go have a nice dinner with a beautiful woman.'"

Murder Goes Caroling by Malissa Chapin:

"'How's this outfit for caroling?' She wore a white A-line jumper, green tights, a red and white striped turtleneck and poinsettia earrings the size of sugar cookies.
'You're a Christmas carol in the flesh,' Piper said, hugger her friend.
'Oh, good, because Lincoln saw me at Ruby's and said I resembled a frightening elf.'
Piper rolled her eyes. 'Brothers.'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here's the link to the one I finished:

1 comment:

  1. I'm picture an actual cinnamon roll on the girls head. Ha! I take it the book is humorous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!