Monday, August 26, 2024

The Light Keeper's Wife by Jennifer Mistmorgan Review

 


The Light Keeper's Wife is a wonderful post-WW2 story which I loved. Amy Smee and Stuart Lewis from the Jennifer Mistmorgan's short story, Finishing School, are now married and have left their lives in London where they worked for the intelligence service. Stuart is desperate for a quiet life and he hopes to find it in the small, seaside town of Eden Cove, where his uncle is a lighhouse keeper. Though this isn't Amy's choice, she wants to support her new husband. 

Soon after arriving, a person from her past who she'd hoped she'd never see again, shows up and convinces her to do some undercover work. 

There's intrigue and deception, danger and twists I didn't see coming. In fact, it was quite suspenseful at times. But there was also faith, though I did wish it developed a bit more in the characters' lives. But we saw the struggles that each of them were going through. 

A great historical fiction book that I recommend. I love that this is one of over a dozen multi-author, multi-genre stories in the Our House on Sycamore Street series. I can't wait to read more of them.

I received an e-copy of this book as a member of the launch team and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!