Thursday, July 18, 2024

Midnight Clear by Jerusha Agen Review

 


I was first introduced to the Guardians Unleashed series by Jerusha Agen a few months ago when I was on the launch team for book four in the series, Lethal Danger. I fell in love with the characters and have been wanting to read more. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to read this prequel novella as a part of the launch team. Midnight Clear had previously been published as a part of the Holiday Menace anthology. 

Midnight Clear takes place right before Christmas and a huge snowstorm is blowing in, leaving Marion without power. She then finds a strange, intimidating man half buried in the snow outside her home. Even more concerning is the fact that he is protecting a baby. The reader wonders, along with Marion, where this man has come from, why he has a baby, and whether she will be safe as she offers her aid. Thankfully she has her two dogs to help protect her if needed.

A reader of the series will recognize that Marion is the owner of Forever Home, the dog rescue and training facility where the K-9 agency featured in the books gets their well trained dogs. I don't know how much she is featured in the other books, if at all, but I do remember her from book four. Another familiar face is Phoenix Gray, the founder of the K-9 agency. But this book takes place BEFORE she founded the agency, which is sort of cool. 

I loved the suspense and action in this book as the main characters try to figure out how to save the baby and protect her, and themselves, from the bad guys. Trafficking is involved. Getting to see the dogs in action was a highlight of the story. As was seeing Marion's love and care for them, even while she herself feels she will never be loved. It is also a story about redemption with the gospel message being shared. The truth of God's love for us and how He wants to adopt us into His family.

I loved this book and really hope to get a chance to read the books between this one and book 4 that I recently read. 

I received an e-copy of this book as a member of the launch team, and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!