Friday, July 26, 2024

Friday Fun - July 26, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I just finished reading The Tea Chest by Heidi Chiavaroli for a few of my reading challenges.


I am currently reading The Songbird of Hope Hill by Kim Vogel Sawyer.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  The Tea Chest by Heidi Chiavaroli:

"The bell was beautiful."

I am glad the bell was beautiful. I was curious what bell she was referring to and curious as to why is was significant to the story. 

The Songbird of Hope Hill by Kim Vogel Sawyer:

"'Girls? Girls! Hour to open!"

I hadn't been sure when reading the blurb if we would see Birdie's story before she ended up at the "house of ill repute," but from this first line, I realized she was probably already there. As that probably isn't how a mother would wake her daughters. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

The Tea Chest by Heidi Chiavaroli:
 
"I slid from my feather mattress, crept to the window, where a sliver of moon lit the night sky. A breath trembled up my lungs. For days-and nights-I'd been attempting to summon up the courage to do what I'd vowed I must the night the mob came to the Clarke house. And night upon night, I looked out my window onto the cold streets below, Mill Creek just beyond, and allowed fear to swallow up my courage."

The Songbird of Hope Hill by Kim Vogel Sawyer:

"Bernice and Lucretia, both with tears staining their faces, crowded into her line of vision. Bernice said, 'You gave us a terrible scare, Mrs. Overly, falling to the floor like a rag doll. Are you all right?'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared one book in my Friday Fun post. I also shared the link to the review of that book last week. Two weeks ago I shared a couple of books in my Friday Fun post. Here's my review:



3 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!