Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette Review


Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette was an awesome conclusion to the Out From Egypt series. I just loved it.

The story centers around Alanah who is a Canaanite woman and Tobiah who is a Hebrew warrior. This is during the time right before the Israelites enter the land of Canaan, at the very end of their 40 years of wandering in the dessert. I loved that we still got to see important characters from the previous books in the series.

Both of the main characters had gone through some rough times. They meet when Tobiah finds her injured on the battlefield and saves her. Neither one was prepared for the consequences. I don't really want to mention much else as I enjoyed getting to discover what happens between them and those around them. And then there was a twist later on that caused quite a bit of tension and action.

Again the author has brought this time period from the Bible to life for me. There were some times I questioned the order events were happening in, but that didn't change my feelings toward the story. If you are a fan of biblical fiction, you won't want to miss this story, well, the entire series. I only wish I had found time to read this third book a couple of years ago, back when I had read the other two books, because I had forgotten some details, though reading this story did bring back some memories. I plan to read the Cities of Refuge series as soon as possible. I actually had started the first book a couple of years ago, until I realized characters from this Out From Egypt series appear in the Cities of Refuge series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!